Greetings and Salutations!
Our club, Barrie Toastmasters Club 1603, is now in our 51st year as a chartered club and fulfilling the Toastmasters’ Promise. It has been the on-going aim of our club to once again achieve our “President’s Distinguished Club” status for the fourth consecutive year. What does this mean to those interested in improving their public speaking and leadership skills?
- It means as a club we’re dedicated to providing a safe environment that allows both our members and guests to step outside their comfort zone and in return be rewarded with constructive and positive feedback.
- It means we track our members’ progress and challenge them with stepping stone speaking projects and leadership roles they never thought were possible.
- It means we educate our leadership team with bi-annual training from the district and report challenges as a club to the Area Director.
- It means people receive the proper mentorship if requested and also respecting each individual’s learning style and pace.
- And it means we make sure as a club that we’re having fun!
I encourage those that have heard about Toastmasters and interested in learning more to attend one of our meetings and see for themselves why our club is 51 years strong!
Respectfully at your service,
Barrie Toastmasters Club 1603
Club President 2016-2017